Tuesday 26 September 2017

At 3 in the morning

So... This is another attempt at poetry. 

This time dealing with something that's been a part of me my entire life: travel. 

I've been travelling since I wasnt even able to walk, and my folks always liked travelling by train, even back then. 

And since coming to college, there's been... A collection of moments that you don't really notice till you're awake at 3 in the morning and everything and everyone around you is asleep. 


Which is what was happening on a recent trip back home for a long weekend, where I took this picture from inside my closed off lower side berth. :)


Enjoy. :)

And as always, I'm open to criticism. 




A world apart, this world outside,
That shimmers past in the darkest light
Moving too quickly for eyes to focus,
Of life and lives living like us

From inside this train, we rock along,
To the lull of the tracks, like a song,
Seeing lights burst softly, then vanish,
Falling asleep, to dreams most lavish

Compartments and carriages, now softly asleep,
Breaking silence with snores from dreams so deep.
Lights peering in, standing still, 
While we move along, through valley and hill.

The world shaking beneath and all around,
As metal groans, and chest does pound,
We drift slowly to the rhythm of the track,
Through darkness and silence, and dreams to ransack.

1 comment:

  1. Your words invoke visual images and strikes a familiar chord, in that many of us have experienced similar stuff. Well written.

    ReplyDelete